- Sex establishment licence
To run a sex shop - which includes any premises selling sex toys, books or videos - you may need a licence from us. To run a venue where explicit films are shown to members of the public, you also need a licence from us.
However, you may ask us to waive the requirement for a licence.
- About this licence
Licence Fee 2021/22 Grant/renewal/transfer £1624 - £3323 Variation £1077 Change of business name £17 Transfer £47 Variation £207 plus £193 if committee hearing required Copy of licence £17
- Application and guidance notes
- Processing and timescales
It can take up to 12 weeks to process an application. It is in the public interest that we process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us after 12 weeks, please contact us.
Contact us to view the public register.
- Contact us in the first instance.
- Contact details
If you wish to speak to a licensing officer the opening times are 9.30am to 1.30pm.
- Telephone: 01432 261761 (all calls are dealt with by our contact centre staff and are allocated to an officer who will take action on the service request between one to five working days)
- Fax: 01432 261982
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Licensing Section, Herefordshire Council, 8 St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ