- Pleasure boat licence
- Coronavirus updates
To hire out water-bound pleasure crafts (including sailboards, rowing boats, canoes, motor boats, pedalos and larger boats) that are for personal use or carry passengers, you need a licence.
You must not carry more passengers than you are licensed to carry.
Licence Fee 2020/21 Grant or renewal with BU accreditation £102 Grant or renewal without BU accreditation (plus boat inspection fee) £314 Change of business name £16 Transfer £45 Variation £167 plus £184 if committee/panel hearing required Copy of licence £16
- Application and guidance notes
For further information about the pleasure boat licence please contact us.
Contact us to view the public register.
- Contact us in the first instance.
- Contact details
If you wish to speak to a licensing officer, please either telephone or email using the following contact information:
- Telephone: 01432 261761 (all calls are dealt with by our contact centre staff and are allocated to an officer who will take action on the service request between one to five working days)
- Fax: 01432 261982
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Licensing Section, Herefordshire Council, 8 St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ