- Caravan, camping and mobile home site licences
If you want to use your land as a campsite you will need a licence from us.
There are some exceptions
- A caravan sited within the curtilage of a dwelling and its use is incidental to the dwelling. This means it cannot be occupied separately
- A single caravan sited for not more than two consecutive nights or for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months
- Up to three caravans on a site of not less than five acres for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
- Sites occupied by exempted organisations such as the Caravan Club
- Sites of up to 5 caravans certified by an exempt organisation and which are for members only
- Sites for temporary and special purposes such as caravan rallies, agricultural and forestry workers, building and engineering sites and travelling salesmen
- Sites occupied by moveable dwellings (including tents) may be used up to a maximum of 42 consecutive days and not more than a total of 60 days in any period of 12 months
The term caravan legally includes those which can be towed behind cars, motor homes, static holiday homes and residential park homes which often arrive on site in two sections and are then bolted together.
- About this licence
Process Fee payable 2023/24 Campsites Nil Caravan sites Nil Residential mobile home sites Commercial site £657 plus £22 per pitch Variation of licence £399 plus £22 per pitch Transfer of licence £341 Annual fee for commercial sites £517 plus £22 per pitch applied for on application form Deposit or vary site rules £237 Enforcement cost £67 per hour Copy of replacement licence £26 Fit and Proper Person application £207
- Application and guidance notes
You should submit the following with your application:
- The relevant fee
- A site location plan at 1:2500 scale with the location of the site clearly outlined in red
- A layout plan at 1:500 scale clearly showing the layout of roads, boundaries of the site, caravans, facilities, recreational areas and the position of waste treatment plant (such as septic tanks)
- Contact us in the first instance.
- Contact details
Please contact us by email or telephone. All calls are dealt with by our contact centre staff and are allocated to an officer who will take action on the service request within one to ten working days.
Our telephone operating hours are 9am - 4.15pm.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01432 261761
- Address: Herefordshire Council, Licensing Section, Plough Lane, Hereford HR4 0LE