- Caravan, camping and mobile home site licences
- Important information to read before applying
- Coronavirus updates
If you want to use your land as a campsite you will need a licence from us.
There are some exceptions
- A caravan sited within the curtilage of a dwelling and its use is incidental to the dwelling. This means it cannot be occupied separately
- A single caravan sited for not more than two consecutive nights or for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months
- Up to three caravans on a site of not less than five acres for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
- Sites occupied by exempted organisations such as the Caravan Club
- Sites of up to 5 caravans certified by an exempt organisation and which are for members only
- Sites for temporary and special purposes such as caravan rallies, agricultural and forestry workers, building and engineering sites and travelling salesmen
- Sites occupied by moveable dwellings (including tents) may be used up to a maximum of 42 consecutive days and not more than a total of 60 days in any period of 12 months
The term caravan legally includes those which can be towed behind cars, motor homes, static holiday homes and residential park homes which often arrive on site in two sections and are then bolted together.
- About this licence
Process Fee payable 2020/21 Campsites Nil Caravan sites Nil Residential mobile home sites Commercial site £533 plus £18 per pitch Variation of licence £319 Transfer of licence £270 Annual fee for commercial sites £417 plus £18 per pitch Deposit or vary site rules £184 Enforcement cost £56 per hour Copy of replacement licence £22
- Application and guidance notes
You should submit the following with you application:
- The relevant fee
- A site location plan at 1:2500 scale with the location of the site clearly outlined in red
- A layout plan at 1:500 scale clearly showing the layout of roads, boundaries of the site, caravans, facilities, recreational areas and the position of waste treatment plant (such as septic tanks)
- Privacy notice
- Processing and timescales
- Validity and renewals
- Current applications
- Contact us in the first instance.
- Contact details
If you wish to speak to a licensing officer the opening times are 9.30am to 1.30pm.
- Telephone: 01432 261761 (all calls are dealt with by our contact centre staff and are allocated to an officer who will take action on the service request between one to five working days)
- Fax: 01432 261982
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Licensing Section, Herefordshire Council, 8 St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ