- Explosives and fireworks licence
You should apply for a licence from us if you store less than 2000kg of explosives. This includes fireworks and small arms ammunition. If you store more than 2000kg of explosives you need to apply for a licence from the Health and Safety Executive.
If you manufacture explosives you need to apply for a licence from the Health and Safety Executive.
Health and Safety Executive
New licence (no separation distance required)
Duration Fee 1 year £111 2 years £144 3 years £177 4 years £211 5 years £243
Renewal licence (no separation distance required)
Duration Fee 1 year £55 2 years £88 3 years £123 4 years £155 5 years £189
New licence (separation distance required)
Duration Fee 1 year £189 2 years £248 3 years £311 4 years £382 5 years £432
Renewal licence (separation distance required)
Duration Fee 1 year £88 2 years £150 3 years £211 4 years £272 5 years £333
Type Fee Variation on current licence (changing name/address of current licence, per variation £37 Other variation, per variation Reasonable cost of carrying out work Transfer of licence or registration, per transfer £37 Replacement of licence or registration if lost, per replacement £37 Licence to supply fireworks all year round, per licence (1 year) £500
- Application and guidance notes
Explosives storage licence application
Sell fireworks annually application
You will need to include the following with your application:
- Application fee or payment confirmation where payment has been made via BACS or over the phone
- Supplementary information sheet (if applicable) - see note 2 on the application form
- Plan of the site - see notes 6 and 7 on the application form
- Floor plan (if explosives are to be kept on the shop floor or in a building that is to be used for other purposes as well are storage of explosives) - see note 8 on the application form
You can either post or email the application form and supporting documents to us:
- Address: Herefordshire Council, Trading Standards Service, 8 St Owen Street, Hereford, HR1 2PJ
- Email: email@example.com
Contact us to view the public register.
- Contact us in the first instance.
- Contact details
- Contact centre opening hours are Monday to Friday - 9am to 4.15pm
- Telephone: 01432 261761
- Address: Trading Standards Officer, Herefordshire Council Trading Standards, 8 St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ