- Small society lottery registration
- Coronavirus updates
If you intend to sell printed raffle tickets before the day of the prize draw, you must register as a 'small society lottery'.
Small society lotteries are lotteries held to raise funds for a non-commercial society. A society is non-commercial if it is run for:
- Charitable purposes
- To enable participation in, or support, sport, athletics or cultural activities
- Any other non-commercial purpose other than that of private gain
The total value of tickets for sale in a single lottery cannot exceed £20,000 and the aggregate value of tickets on sale in a calendar year cannot exceed £250,000. Anything above would be a large society lottery and you would need a licence from the Gambling Commission.
Every society registered with us must submit a returns form following each draw.
Occasion on which fee may be payable Fee Grant £40 Annual fee £20
The annual fee must be paid within the period of two months before expiry of the licence. If the fee is not paid by 31 December each year then the registration will end and the society will need to make a new application.
- Application and guidance notes
Contact us to view the public register.
- Contact us in the first instance.
- Contact details
If you wish to speak to a licensing officer the opening times are 9.30am to 1.30pm.
- Telephone: 01432 261761 (all calls are dealt with by our contact centre staff and are allocated to an officer who will take action on the service request between one to five working days)
- Fax: 01432 261982
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Licensing Section, Herefordshire Council, 8 St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ