Appeal your Council Tax bill

You can find more information on how to appeal your Council Tax band or bill on the Government website.

If you think that your property is exempt, you are not liable to pay, or your Council Tax charge has been calculated incorrectly, you must initially email us stating the reasons. We will then review your bill and confirm the outcome to you. Email us at

If you are unhappy with the decision, you may appeal directly to the Valuation Tribunal. You must do so within two months of us writing to you with our final decision.