Keeping an active mind and body whilst staying at home will help us to keep us well.
Some people find that having a plan or schedule for their days help. Another tip is to try to do something a little bit different at the weekends.
Exercising while staying at home
- Sport England have put together lots of ideas and guides on the Sport England website with everything from Zumba to strengthen and stretch, which has been especially designed for older people.
- Halo leisure have many home exercises on the Halo Leisure website, to do alone or join in with others online
- You can also join in with the popular PE with Joe Wicks workout on YouTube for all the family
Learning a new skill or hobby can have a really good impact on your wellbeing, keeping your mind active. We have some ideas below but you could do that thing you’ve always wanted to but never had time, or finally read that book:
- It's never too late to learn a new language on Duolingo or brush up on your linguistic skills
- Open Learn is the Open University's online free learning site. There are lots of different courses covering a diverse range of areas including science, history and health
- There are lots of online resources for reading books including Herefordshire Libraries' eBook service
- There are also lots of ideas for you to keep your mind and body active on the WISH Herefordshire website
- There is so much out there to learn from crafting to oil painting search for your favourite hobbies online - you'll be amazed at what you can do from the comfort and safety of your own home