Symptom-free home testing kits
Regular Covid-19 testing for people without symptoms is critical for protecting the population and stopping the spread of the virus. As part of the government's roadmap out of lockdown, regular twice weekly testing at home is becoming available for more people.
How it works
You can collect two packs of seven lateral flow device test kits from a test site.
- You must be aged 18 and over to collect the kits (however, kits can be used by any age group)
- There is no need to book an appointment
- Testing should be performed twice a week
- Step-by-step instructions are included with the test kit. A video demonstration and alternative language versions are available online. You can also call 119 and request a translation service
Where and when to collect
There is no need to book an appointment to collect a test kit. There are a number of collection points, including local pharmacies, across Herefordshire.
People aged over 18 without symptoms can visit a participating local pharmacy and collect a box of seven rapid tests to use twice a week at home.
Visit NHS Site Finder to find your nearest collection point.
The instructions included with your test kit explain what to do if your test is positive, negative or void. It also explains how to register with NHS Test and Trace.
If the result is positive, you must:
If you cannot get tested at your workplace, school, college or university, or you are unable to go to a test site or collect test kits, you can order a home test kit online if:
- You do not have coronavirus symptoms
- You live in England
- You're 18 or older
- You have not been told to self-isolate
How to do a rapid COVID-19 self test