Monday 28 January to Monday 11 March 2019. The consultation responses and statement are available.
Improving the quality of design in projects across Hereford city
The role of the Hereford Design Guide Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) is to provide design guidance and good practice advice to help developers, applicants and council officers improve the quality of design in new development, public realm and movement projects across the city. The Hereford Design Guide will also inform emerging policies within the Hereford Area Plan.
In supplementing adopted policy, the Design SPD will be used by:
- Planning Officers to assess the design quality of development proposals when determining planning applications and offering pre-application advice
- Council members when assessing development proposals in advance of and at planning committee
- Applicants and developers when preparing their schemes
This document will support the emerging Hereford Area Plan. It will be adopted by the council as a Supplementary Planning Document and will form part of the Local Development Framework. The purpose of the document is to add greater detail in terms of design guidance for new development, views and building heights, public realm and movement proposals for the city.
- View the Draft Hereford Design Guide (HDG)
- Hereford Design Guide stakeholder presentation February 2019
- Hereford Design Guide responses received
- Hereford Design Guide summary of responses received
- Hereford Design Guide consultation statement April 2019
If you have any questions about the documents, you can:
- Call us on: 01432 260137 or 01432 383357
- Email: email@example.com
Published: Monday, 28th January 2019