UK Community Renewal Fund
The UK Community Renewal Fund is providing £220 million across the UK for innovative projects that invest in skills development, communities and businesses and improve local employment opportunities.
There is up to £3 million available for investment in Herefordshire for new and innovative projects that look to address the challenges faced at a local level to ensure local people have the skills they need to take advantage of the opportunities available.
Herefordshire Council has been designated as the lead authority for the fund in Herefordshire. The council is inviting project proposals from local applicants including voluntary and community sector organisations, education providers and business groups.
Organisations interested in making an application to the Community Renewal Fund can find the invitation to submit bids, the application form and guidance below. To sign up to receive any further updates and information on the Community Renewal Fund in Herefordshire or to discuss submitting an application please email CommunityRenewalFund@herefordshire.gov.uk
Return your completed application form to:
We must receive your application by Sunday 23 May 2021, 11.59pm. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
The council will appraise all submissions and submit a shortlist of applications to government up to a maximum of £3 million. Government will make a decision on which to approve. Approved projects will then contract with Herefordshire Council to undertake delivery of their project. Projects have until 31 March 2022 to deliver Community Renewal Fund activity.
Community Renewal Fund documents and further information
- UK Community Renewal Fund Invitation to submit project bids
- Application form and guidance for organisations making submissions
- UK Community Renewal Fund: assessment criteria (publishing.service.gov.uk)
- Privacy notice for UK Community Renewal Fund
- Herefordshire County Plan
- Further information about the UK Community Renewal Fund on the gov.uk website
- Community Renewal Fund FAQs
The workshop covered:
- The background to the CRF, an overview of the prospectus and guidance, and role of Herefordshire Council as the lead authority
- A summary of the frequently asked questions that we have received to date and an opportunity for you to ask questions of council officers involved in the CRF process
- Breakout sessions, based on the CRF priorities, presenting an opportunity for applicants to discuss partnering and collaboration with other organisations and to ask officers questions relating to the specific priorities