Social enterprises are businesses set up to tackle social problems and/or improve the environment. Social enterprises operate in all areas of business from transport to catering, tourism, care farms, horticulture, cultural, arts, community shops/cafes. Social enterprises can also take over the running of public services and service delivery.
Contact us if you:
- Have an idea you would like to develop into a social enterprise or wish to explore whether your idea could become a social enterprise
- Are part of a community wishing to deliver services to benefit your local community
- Need advice on which legal structure would be best
- Want to grow an existing social enterprise
- Want help to identify and develop income streams
- Want help to develop a robust business plan
- Would like advice for your charity or social enterprise board
- Would like to learn more about the sector
Take a look at our case studies pages for more information
Further information on community finance options can be found on our funding page.
If you wish to keep informed of relevant upcoming opportunities whether they are funding opportunities, networking, seminars and training or opportunities to contribute to social enterprise surveys, or any of the above, please email our community enterprise and finance officer at TalkCommunityEnquiries@herefordshire.gov.uk or call 01432 383030.