Provision of sessions for families with 0-3 year olds grant
This grant is closed to applications.
We invited applications for grant funding for early education sessions for parents with children under three years.
You could apply for funding of up to £6,000 per group - which must be spent by 31 July 2022.
We see these sessions as creating opportunities for families to:
- Socialise and meet others in their local community to help with any feelings of isolation they may be feeling
- Learn about child development, and give them confidence to, and ideas for play activities they could do in the family home
- Access tools and information to support with and understand the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) progress
- Understand how they can apply for nursery education funding, and given Start for Life information
Children will have the opportunity to meet and socialise with other children in their local community which will benefit them through supporting and developing their communication skills, while in the care of their parents or carers.
Who can apply?
This grant funding was available for groups and organisations which have experience and knowledge of early years (EYFS) and relevant experience of supporting 0-3 year olds and their families. We welcomed applications from:
- Early years and other educational settings
- Formally constituted community and voluntary groups and organisations
- Registered charities
You must also have a constitution (or similar governing document) and a bank account in the name of your organisation.
What can the grant be used for?
You were able to apply for costs associated with the running of a weekly group or session in the targeted areas. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Publicity and promotion materials
- Room hire
- Staff training (please note training must support delivery of this group or activity)
- Staff costs (relating to delivery of this group or activity) please note that you will need to demonstrate this in addition to any existing delivery
- Costs directly related to group delivery (for example stationery and materials)
Support must be inclusive and free of charge to families during the funded period.
Further details were in the grant information leaflet on the eligible areas and what you need to achieve with your project.
If you have any questions or queries please contact Sue Eales, the Children's Centre Services Manager at Sue.Eales@herefordshire.gov.uk or 01432 260032.
Deadline for applications
The closing date for applications was 12 noon on Friday 8 October 2021.