Marches Renewable Energy project
MarRE is a grant scheme allowing eligible applicants based in the Marches to apply for a 50% grant towards new installations of renewable technologies on their premises.
Installations ranging from 4kWp to 200kWp (system kilowatt peak) can be supported.
The renewable energy generated should be used by the applicant.
- Local Authorities
- Statutory and non-statutory public funded organisations/bodies
- Higher and Further Education Institutions
- Voluntary/community organisations
- Registered charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Small and medium sized enterprises with less than 250 employees
Eligible applicants must be located in the Marches local authority areas of Herefordshire, Shropshire, and Telford & Wrekin.
Qualifying renewable technologies
- Aerothermal - including air source heat pumps
- Geothermal - including ground source heat pumps
- Landfill gas
- Sewage treatment plant gas and biogases
- Domestic and residential properties
- Primary agriculture
- New builds
- Costs incurred before grant approval
- Retrospective applications
- Applicants with less than a 5 year lease on the installation premises
- Installations of less than 4 kWp and larger than 200kWp
The project is well under way and you can see the case studies for our first installations here:
- Barton Court, Malvern, Herefordshire
- Edmo Engineering, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire
- Frank H Dale Ltd, Leominster, Herefordshire
- Goodrich CE Primary School, Herefordshire
- Queenswood Country Park, Herefordshire
How to apply
We've developed a two-stage application process to try to ensure a quick turn-around in the decision making process.
- Applicants should firstly complete an expression of interest form.
- Applicants whose expression of interest is considered eligible will be sent full application forms which, once submitted, will be assessed by the project steering group.
Please complete the expression of interest form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss your proposal before completing the form please contact Adrian Marshall, MarRE Project Manager on 01432 260064.