Marches Renewable Energy project
MarRE is a grant scheme allowing eligible applicants based in the Marches to apply for a 50% grant towards new installations of renewable technologies on their premises.
Installations ranging from 4kWp to 200kWp (system kilowatt peak) can be supported.
The renewable energy generated should be used by the applicant.
- Local authorities
- Statutory and non-statutory public funded organisations/bodies
- Higher and further education institutions
- Voluntary/community organisations
- Registered charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Small and medium sized enterprises with less than 250 employees
Eligible applicants must be located in the Marches local authority areas of Herefordshire, Shropshire, and Telford & Wrekin.
Qualifying renewable technologies
- Aerothermal - including air source heat pumps
- Geothermal - including ground source heat pumps
- Landfill gas
- Sewage treatment plant gas and biogases
- Domestic and residential properties
- Primary agriculture
- New builds
- Costs incurred before grant approval
- Retrospective applications
- Applicants with less than a 5 year lease on the installation premises
- Installations of less than 4 kWp and larger than 200kWp
The project is well under way and you can see the case studies for our first installations here:
- Barton Court, Malvern, Herefordshire
- Edmo Engineering, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire
- Frank H Dale Ltd, Leominster, Herefordshire
- Goodrich CE Primary School, Herefordshire
- Queenswood Country Park, Herefordshire
- Longmynd Travel, Shropshire
- Ludlow Brewing Company Ltd, Shropshire
- TJ Vickers and Sons Ltd, Telford and Wrekin
How to apply
We are currently closed to expressions of interest from potential applicants based in Herefordshire only, as we currently have more interest than funding available. We will update this webpage with further information in due course.
We've developed a two-stage application process to try to ensure a quick turn-around in the decision making process.
- Applicants should firstly complete an expression of interest form.
- Applicants whose expression of interest is considered eligible will be sent full application forms which, once submitted, will be assessed by the project steering group.
Please complete the expression of interest form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss your proposal before completing the form please contact Adrian Marshall, MarRE Project Manager on 01432 260064.
In order for your organisation to be in with the best chance of securing 50% ERDF funding towards your renewable energy project, all completed applications and supporting documentation must be submitted to us before midnight on Sunday 20 June 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
We strongly suggest that applications are submitted at the earliest opportunity and well in advance of the June deadline so that any queries or missing information can be dealt with and provided before 20 June; so please use this time to liaise with the MarRE Project Team. Any applications that are incomplete or have not completed the required procurement/tender process by the deadline will not be considered for approval by the Project Board.
The selection process:
- Full applications to be submitted by email to email@example.com at the earliest opportunity in advance of the deadline
- Initial checks and assessments completed by the MarRE Project Team and any additional information required will need to be provided by the applicant
- All full applications and supporting documentation to be received by midnight on Sunday 20 June
- Appraisal completed by the MarRE Steering Group.
- Steering Group recommendations to the MarRE Project Board for approval/endorsement
- Grant offer letters issued to successful applicants by the end of July.
Funding is limited, therefore we cannot guarantee that all eligible projects will be funded. Funding is now fully allocated in Herefordshire. We may consider a further round of applications for consideration should there be any grant funds remaining after this date.