Marches Renewable Energy project
Applications for this grant are now closed. If you submitted a full application before the deadline of 20 June 2021, please view the selection and notification process.
MarRE is a grant scheme allowing eligible applicants based in the Marches to apply for a 50% grant towards new installations of renewable technologies on their premises.
Installations ranging from 4kWp to 200kWp (system kilowatt peak) can be supported.
The renewable energy generated should be used by the applicant.
- Local authorities
- Statutory and non-statutory public funded organisations/bodies
- Higher and further education institutions
- Voluntary/community organisations
- Registered charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Small and medium sized enterprises with less than 250 employees
Eligible applicants must be located in the Marches local authority areas of Herefordshire, Shropshire, and Telford & Wrekin.
Qualifying renewable technologies
- Aerothermal - including air source heat pumps
- Geothermal - including ground source heat pumps
- Landfill gas
- Sewage treatment plant gas and biogases
- Domestic and residential properties
- Primary agriculture
- New builds
- Costs incurred before grant approval
- Retrospective applications
- Applicants with less than a 5 year lease on the installation premises
- Installations of less than 4 kWp and larger than 200kWp
The project is well under way and you can see the case studies for our first installations here:
- Barton Court, Malvern, Herefordshire
- Edmo Engineering, Ross-on-Wye, Herefordshire
- Frank H Dale Ltd, Leominster, Herefordshire
- Goodrich CE Primary School, Herefordshire
- Queenswood Country Park, Herefordshire
- Longmynd Travel, Shropshire
- Ludlow Brewing Company Ltd, Shropshire
- TJ Vickers and Sons Ltd, Telford and Wrekin
- Golden Bear Products Ltd, Telford
All completed applications and supporting documentation had to be submitted to us before midnight on Sunday 20 June 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Any applications that are incomplete or have not completed the required procurement/tender process by the deadline will not be considered for approval by the Project Board.
The selection and notification process
- Full applications to be submitted by email to email@example.com at the earliest opportunity in advance of the deadline
- Initial checks and assessments completed by the MarRE Project Team and any additional information required will need to be provided by the applicant
- All full applications and supporting documentation to be received by midnight on Sunday 20 June
- Appraisal completed by the MarRE Steering Group.
- Steering Group recommendations to the MarRE Project Board for approval/endorsement
- Grant offer letters issued to successful applicants by the end of July.
Funding is limited, therefore we cannot guarantee that all eligible projects will be funded.