Covid-19: Support for businesses
- Omicron grant support - in response to the challenges to businesses from the Covid-19 Omicron variant. An Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant, or an Omicron Discretionary Grant is available for businesses that meet the eligibility requirements and are in specific sectors that are severely impacted by the Omicron situation
- Revive and Thrive Fund - grants for businesses wanting to take their first steps into occupying commercial and retail premises
- Recovery Loan Scheme - The Recovery Loan Scheme supports access to finance for UK businesses as they grow and recover from the disruption of the Covid-19 pandemic
Working safely during Covid-19
Government guidance on working safely during Covid-19.
Herefordshire Council is working with the Marches Local Enterprise Partnership (Marches LEP) to support the business community throughout the coronavirus outbreak through our joint business support service, the Marches Growth Hub. You can contact the growth hub at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee testing for your business
From 19 July the way in which organisations are being supported by the Department for Health and Social Care (DHSC) has changed. You can no longer order free rapid lateral flow tests for your employees.
Instead you can:
- Buy your own tests and set up your own workplace testing
- Pay an approved provider to provide tests or run a test site for you
If you cannot provide testing, you can ask your employees to get a rapid lateral flow test at home or at a test site. Do not use a rapid lateral flow test or go to a test site if you or your employees have symptoms. Anyone with symptoms should order a PCR test and stay at home.
For further information or assistance please contact the Herefordshire Council Outbreak Control Hub at email@example.com or call 01432 383799.
Other business support
- Support for businesses paying tax: Time To Pay Service - If you cannot pay your tax bill on time because of coronavirus, you may be able to delay it without a penalty using HMRC's Time to Pay service.
- For businesses with fewer than 250 employees, the cost of providing 14 days of Statutory Sick Pay per employee will be refunded by the government in full. Find out if you can use the Coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme to claim back employees' coronavirus-related Statutory Sick Pay (SSP)
- People receiving tax credits will continue to receive payments even if working fewer hours or furloughed due to Covid-19. For further details see the tax credits news story on GOV.UK
- Government guidance and eligibility criteria on the schemes listed above
Use the government's business support finder to see what support is available for you and your business.
You can also call the government's Business Support Helpline on 0800 998 1098 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm). The helpline is for businesses in England, of all sizes, to speak directly to an advisor.
The Marches Growth Hub calendar has a list of training and events to help support your business.
Other useful links include:
- Herefordshire Council Coronavirus - Latest updates
- Marches Growth Hub
- Fastershire delivering broadband and business support in Herefordshire in partnership with Herefordshire Council
- Herefordshire and Worcestershire Chamber of Commerce
- Federation of Small Businesses
We recognise that aside from financial and business support you, your employees or people in your supply chain, may want to access mental health and wellbeing advice. Please visit Talk Community Directory mental health and wellbeing for details of the local advice and services.