Covid-19 support for farms
If you have a positive case within your workforce, any questions on latest guidance, or require further support please contact our Outbreak Control Hub on 01432 383799 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Seasonal agricultural workers Covid-19 vaccinations
Herefordshire Council would like to support farms to improve vaccine uptake in seasonal agricultural workers.
You can now book appointments on behalf of your staff to have their free Covid-19 vaccine at mass vaccination sites.
Individuals do not need to be registered with a GP to attend an appointment.
Book vaccination appointments for your staff
Appointments are now available to book at:
- Malvern Three Counties Vaccination Centre, WR13 6NW:
- Evenings after 7pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- Please contact email@example.com to book appointments at Malvern.
Elgar House, Hereford HR4 9BD:
- Appointments available 7 days a week
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book appointments on behalf of your staff.
Please provide information on how many staff would like to attend and any face-to-face language support that they may need.
Local Covid-19 outbreaks
Where there are local outbreaks of Covid-19, we must act promptly and effectively to contain them - or the infection may spread again, putting lives at risk. If those outbreaks involve large numbers of people, it may be necessary to close down buildings or wider locations in order to halt the spread of the infection.
We have set up an Outbreak Control Hub - a multi-disciplinary team, comprising experienced Public Health, Health, Social Care and Environmental Health professionals. This team will work to prevent infection, contain outbreaks and implement protective measures.
It is really important to emphasise that particular measures will only be taken where it is absolutely necessary to do so - and we will need your full support when these situations occur.
Guidance for employers
- Coronavirus - Seasonal worker guidance Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board is industry funded – the guidance is comprehensive, practical and includes translated materials such as posters. Links are included to government guidance.
- General government guidance on coronavirus for businesses
- Specific guidance relevant to outdoor work
Guidance for seasonal workers travelling to the UK
- Coming to the UK for seasonal agricultural work on English farms - advice available in various languages on this link
Resources for farms and farmworkers
- Herefordshire Council's letter to local farms about Covid-19 Prevention Pack
- Download the Farm Preventative Pack including posters in various languages
- Watch the webinar hosted by our Public Health team to share their knowledge of the local and national situation and to help you to continue to manage the risk through the summer. We aim to support farm owners and managers with this webinar to:
- Access current Covid secure guidance for farm businesses and seasonal workers
- Review Covid secure measures, promote business continuity, protect employees and prevent outbreaks
- Know how to access further advice and support, and report suspected or confirmed outbreaks