Covid-19 support for farms
If you have a positive case within your workforce, any questions on latest guidance, or require further support please contact our Outbreak Control Hub on 01432 383799 or email email@example.com
- Herefordshire Council's letter to local farms about Covid-19 January 2022
- Find out about Covid-19 testing for your employees
Seasonal agricultural workers Covid-19 vaccinations
Herefordshire Council would like to support farms to improve vaccine uptake in seasonal agricultural workers.
Walk-in vaccination clinics
Vaccine clinics are now available in Herefordshire where you can walk-in without an appointment.
Full details of the clinics are on the Taurus Healthcare website.
Individuals do not need to be registered with a GP to attend a walk-in or an appointment.
Book vaccination appointments for your staff
You can book individual appointments online.
Appointment only group bookings, with interpreter support where needed, are now available to book at the Malvern Three Counties Vaccination Centre, WR13 6NW. Appointments are available in the evening after 7pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book appointments at Malvern, providing information on any language or travel support required.
For information relating to other sites offering group bookings or to discuss the availability of on-site vaccination please contact email@example.com
Local Covid-19 outbreaks
Herefordshire Council continues to have in place an Outbreak Control Plan and where there are local outbreaks we will act promptly to support farm owners to manage activities and implement controls so as to prevent, where possible, the spread of infection. In doing this we will take a multi-agency approach which may include the UK Health Security Agency (formerly Public Health England), the Food Standards Agency and the Health and Safety Executive where this is appropriate. Measures will only be implemented where it is absolutely necessary to do so, and we are committed to working with all businesses to manage outbreaks in a proportionate and supportive way.
Guidance for employers
- Coronavirus - Seasonal worker guidance Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board is industry funded – the guidance is comprehensive, practical and includes translated materials such as posters. Links are included to government guidance.
- General government guidance on coronavirus for businesses
- Specific guidance relevant to outdoor work
Guidance for seasonal workers travelling to the UK
- Coming to the UK for seasonal agricultural work on English farms - advice available in various languages on this link