Attending a service at Herefordshire cemeteries or crematorium
Bereavement services are working hard to maintain the reverence and respect due to both the deceased and the bereaved. In an attempt to manage this during the current coronavirus outbreak and following government guidance we advise that:
- Pre-funeral and post-funeral ceremonies may be held in line with the current government guidance on managing a funeral
- Social distancing must be observed
- Face coverings are to be worn in enclosed public spaces
- Mourners who are clinically or extremely clinically vulnerable may attend a service, although we advise that careful thought be given by families as to the safety of this
- Anyone with symptoms of Covid-19 should follow government guidance
The funeral director and officiant overseeing the funeral arrangements will also be able to provide advice on the most recent guidance.
In order to comply with these guidelines we have put the following in place:
- Social distancing measures within the crematorium chapel allow for 56 seated mourners only in family/support bubbles of 4 or 3, with a one way flow system
- Face coverings are to be worn in the crematorium building
- Activities such as singing, chanting, requiring raised voices or playing of instruments that are blown into should be specifically avoided
- The waiting room is closed and mourners are to stay in their vehicles until the service is due to start to avoid gathering outside the chapel
- The public toilets next to the chapel are open and we advise all mourners to use the hand washing facilities before and after attending a service
- Webcasting facilities are available for family and friends who are unable to attend. You can discuss these arrangements with the funeral director
- When attending burials social distancing measures still apply and must be observed
Your understanding of the situation is greatly appreciated so that we can continue to help all families at this time.
For further information please contact your funeral director directly or bereavement services on 01432 383200.
The government's full guidance on managing a funeral during the coronavirus pandemic provides more detail.