Apply for a copy certificate
You can apply and pay online for copy certificates for a birth, death, marriage or civil partnership that occurred in Herefordshire through the links below.
For copy certificates from elsewhere or if you are overseas, you will need to contact the registration service for that area or visit the main General Register Office (GRO) website.
- Apply for a copy birth certificate
- Apply for a copy death certificate
- Apply for a copy marriage certificate
- Apply for a copy civil partnership certificate
Cost of a copy certificate
A copy certificate costs £11. This is set by central government and is subject to change.
In addition to the £11 charge per certificate:
- Postage is charged at £1.10 per certificate for delivery by Royal Mail first class in the UK
- Postage overseas is charged at £2.20 per certificate
There is also a priority same-day service which costs £35 per certificate – if you order before 12 noon Monday to Friday we will issue and post these certificates within two hours of receiving your form and payment. If you order a certificate using this service after 12 noon or outside office hours we will send it on the next working day.
If you are not using the priority same-day service, copy certificates will be available within 15 days, subject to royal mail delivery responses. We cannot accept responsibility for late or non-delivery.