There are different ways to become a British citizen and you can find out more on the government's Become a British citizen page. The most common is called 'naturalisation' and as part of the application process, you will attend a citizenship ceremony to get your certificate of naturalisation once your citizenship application has been approved by the Home Office. The ceremony is the final step to becoming a British citizen.
Ceremonies in Herefordshire are held at Hereford's Town Hall on the second Monday of each month at 3.30pm and are by invitation only.
If you would like to attend a ceremony in Hereford, you should contact the Herefordshire Register Office within three months of receiving your Home Office letter.
- Attendance at a group ceremony is free
- A local dignitary will be at the ceremony to welcome new citizens to the county
- Light refreshments are provided after the ceremony
- New citizens may bring two guests to the ceremony - this is by invitation only
- If you are unable to attend a group ceremony, or would prefer a private ceremony, we offer private ceremonies for £185
- Private ceremonies take place at the Register Office or can take place at other venues
- These are booked individually and are available Monday to Saturday. To discuss a private ceremony, please contact the Register Office using the details below.
Register office contact details
Please email us to book an appointment and be sure to include your phone number.Address: Registration Service, Herefordshire Register Office, Town Hall, St Owen Street, Hereford HR1 2PJ Send Email