Herefordshire Climate and Nature Partnership Board
Applications to join the Herefordshire Climate and Nature Board are now closed.
The vision of the Herefordshire Climate and Nature Partnership is a thriving zero-carbon nature-rich Herefordshire by 2030. The purpose of the Partnership is to catalyse and coordinate new action to help achieve this vision, through steering and overseeing the implementation of Herefordshire's Climate and Nature Action Plans.
We were looking for people from a wide variety of backgrounds to join our Board and work collaboratively with others to:
- Mobilise individuals and organisations countywide to sign up to the Partnership and to engage in the Action Plans
- Commission projects in support of the Action Plans
- Monitor progress on the Action Plans including helping to develop up to date carbon and nature assessments for the county
- Review and update the Action Plans, by regularly reviewing progress and priorities, and drawing on examples of good practice from Herefordshire and elsewhere
In your application we asked you to explain how you can:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the vision of the Partnership
- Demonstrate the ability to engage others with the Partnership
- Bring relevant expertise to the Board
- Play a leadership role within your sector/organisation
The Action Plans are evolving documents hosted on the Herefordshire Zero Carbon and Nature Rich website. They identify key challenges and areas for action including:
and set out priorities for action to address climate and nature impacts in each area.
The Board is expected to meet at least quarterly but is likely to meet monthly in its infancy. This will be agreed at the first board meeting. There will be no remuneration paid to any Board members for the opinion and guidance they provide.
We will strive to make our meetings accessible for all. Meetings will be virtual to begin with. Should we meet in future face to face, accessible venues will be used.
We understand that people's work and life commitments vary, and we will be flexible with the time of the Board meetings to enable as many people to participate as possible.
We aim to get back to you within three weeks of the closing date if your application has been successful.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com